I discovered a new meal the family enjoys and thought I would share! This is really simple to make and you can easily change it to fit what you have available. On those nights when you just want to whip something up quick and maybe use up some veggies hanging around, this is perfect!
I bought some turkey sausage not sure how it would taste and whether my household would eat it. Surprisingly, everyone in the house that likes regular pork sausage also enjoyed the turkey sausage. And it is a much healthier alternative!
As far as the veggies go, whatever you have available will most likely go fine with this so throw it in! I used peppers, onions, and mushrooms with potatoes and although the peppers and onions do cook down a bit, it really adds some flavor to the dish. Also, I didn’t measure any of the veggie amounts that I used, I just kept cutting until I felt like it was enough to feed the family. So use what you feel will work for you!
Ok- Lets get to the recipe!
- a package of uncooked turkey sausage links
- any kind of potatoes you have- chopped (use as much as you feel you need)
- Red and yellow bell peppers
- Baby bella mushrooms
- Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 2 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray your baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut up the sausage into bite sized chunks and put on baking sheet.
- Cut your potatoes and veggies and scatter on the baking sheet
- Drizzle olive oil over baking sheet and mix well with hands to coat evenly
- Sprinkle garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning over mixture
- Bake 30 minutes or until the sausage and potatoes are cooked through.
This meal is perfect for anyone counting their macros because you can add what you need to your plate. Skimp on the potatoes if you cant afford the carbs, but load up on veggies and meat! I am always looking for meals that the family can enjoy too and this one is usually a hit. Let me know if you give it a try!