I have gathered a list of some of the different foods I have discovered (so far) during my prep that are macro friendly and pretty good tasting. There are so many things you can do with some foods! Keep in mind this is in my own opinion so others may not agree!
1. Joseph’s pita wraps. These you can find in the bread section of most grocery stores. They only have 10 carbs in a wrap and I actually like the taste and texture of them. I use them for tuna, breakfast wraps, lunch meat. Joseph’s also makes a lavash that is great too
2. Fat free cottage cheese. Trust me I hated cottage cheese more than anyone. But it’s really a great way to get your protein in without many carbs or fat. It grew on me.
3. Dannon Greek yogurt light n fit. This is about the only yogurt I can find that tastes good and is macro friendly. Only 8-9 carbs depending on the flavor.
4. Egg whites. You can use egg whites for just about anything. Clean protein, no fat, no carbs
5. arctic zero “ice cream”. I don’t know what it really is but it’s frozen , it’s delicious, and I use it as a good snack option and make protein sludge and drizzle it on top like a fudge topping. Yum 😋 It should be somewhere near the halo top ice cream in your grocery store’s freezer aisle. Only 7 carbs for a serving. That’s really good !
6. Thomas thin bagels. They are 110 calories, about 24 carbs. Not bad for a bagel
7. PB Fit. Its in the baking aisle. Pretty good tasting and not much fat. If you need peanut butter and cant spare all the fat it makes a good spread with a little water.
8. Fairlife milk. Omg I love this stuff! It tastes like real milk, half the carbs and more protein. If you are a cereal junky like me it’s the only way to go. And it is good if you like making shakes with milk
8. Cornflakes. The macro winner for cereal. Pretty low for a serving and fat free. You can dress it up with Fresh fruit and a zero calorie sweetener of choice.
9. Stevia. This is my favorite sweetener. I know some people hate it. But there are plenty of other options too. Sometimes you just need things to taste sweet.
10. Condiments. Best condiments I have found are mustard, light miracle whip, hot sauce, sugar free syrup, low sugar jam.
I will add to this list when I think of more. A lot of people have said to me “well fat free just means they add more carbs.” Maybe in some cases but remember, there are 9 calories in a gram of fat and 4 in a carb. So fats are more “macro expensive”. Again, maybe fat free doesn’t work for your macros. This has to be judged by you but I am listing some of my favorite options out there. 😊